Stock Dog Trial
July 8-11, 2016
We are proud to announce that the 2016 Sheep Thrillz stock dog trial will again be a "green" trial. This will be our eigth year as a "green" trial and this year we are doing even more! Four days of sheepdog competition including the ultimate challenge of a double lift championship all the while doing our utmost to encourage carpooling, recycling and composting.
- Event Coordinator: Ian Caldicott
- Spectator Services and Green Coordinator: Raven OKeefe
- Sheep Setout Supervisor: Brenda Kuchenbecker
- Judge: TBA
- Sheep Supplier: Morris Short, Brownsville OR
- Friday -- Open Round 1
- Saturday -- Open Round 2
- Sunday -- Double Lift Championship
- Monday -- Nursery Round 1, Nursery Round 2, Pro-Novice, Ranch
- Open: Prize money to top 10% awards for top 3 dogs
PN: Prize money to top 10% awards for top 3 dogs
Ranch: Awards for top 2 dogs
Nursery: Awards for qualifying dogs
Double lift: Prize money to top 3. Awards for Champion and the Moss Award for best dog work at the shed.
The 16 competitors in the double lift will be selected as follows. The top four competitors from the open class competitions on Friday and again on Saturday. The remaining slots filled by those competitors obtaining the highest combined total for the two days of competition. Limit of 2 dogs per handler in the double lift. Winning handler MUST be present at end for trophy presentation.