Stock Dog Trial
July 12-15, 2012
We are proud to announce that the 2012 Sheep Thrillz stock dog trial will again be a "green" trial. This will be our third year as a "green" trial and this year we are doing even more! Four days of sheepdog competition culminating in the ultimate challenge of a double lift championship all the while doing our utmost to encourage carpooling, recycling and composting.
- Event Coordinator: Ian Caldicott
- Spectator Services and Green Coordinator: Raven OKeefe
- Handler Services Coordinator: TBA
- Sheep Setout Supervisor: Ken Erion
- Trial Course Director: TBA
- Official Photographer: TBA
- Judge: Derek Fisher, New Plymouth Idaho
- Sheep Supplier: TBA
- Thursday -- Awards to the top two or three dogs in each class (min 10 dogs in class) and prize money to the top 10% in Pro novice.
- Friday and Saturday -- prize money to top 10% and awards for top three open dogs, awards to the top Nursery dogs
- Sunday -- Double Lift Champion will take home a special Wool Shield Wall Hanging
The 16 competitors in the double lift will be selected as follows. The top four competitors from the open class competitions on Friday and again on Saturday. The remaining slots filled by those competitors obtaining the highest combined total for the two days of competition.